View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
random question, but:
is there anywhere that I can find a semi-official list of people that are considered to be the best PLO players in the world, both live/online?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a list but Farha is respected by all to be the best high stakes shorthanded PLO player in the world. I know that Antonius, Ivey, Hansen, Benyamine (who all happen to play a lot of online) are definitely up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be totally groundless, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the great majority of of "the best omaha players" are going to be the high stakes online regs, esp. in the 25-50 games. In the nosebleeds I think alot of the players got there from a hold'em background and brought their bankrolls, rather then having made their way by playing hundreds of thousands of hands of PLO.

The purely live players, like Farha, may have a great understanding of the tempo of the game and be willing to gamble and make big plays, but the fact that they won't have played a tenth or even a hundredth of the lifetime hands of a serious online player is a huge disadvantage.