View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Should the PPA accept membership/backing from bot providers/users?

I am going to crosspost and comment on a postTheEngineer posted in the PPA forums:

[ QUOTE ]
A poster on 2+2 has commented on RayBonnert's participation. Unlike some poker forums, this forum does NOT censor for ideas. We're not afraid of dissenting opinions.

We do have rules that we expect to be followed, which I spelled out for RayBonnert. He has followed them in his posts. The 2+2 poster pointed out that RayBonnert's profile violates our T&Cs. I'm unclear as to why he posted it on 2+2 rather than posting his concerns here, but we did happen to see the post.

Last night I sent RayBonnert notification that he needs to update his profile. I just sent him a clarification of our requirements He has until noon to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments:

1)This forum's owners aren't afraid of dissenting opinions either. However they do require standards in manner in which one expresses that dissent.

As to my own views, I don't believe discussion of cheating in a positive manner, which is what botting is, is something that should be condoned on a poker forum dedicated to honest standards of play.

2) Yeah the guy "complied". He now has a link to a different bot page. Same damn thing. He's still using his profile there to advertise a botting "championship" site which is nothing other than a marketing gimmick to sell his program and services.

3) I am unclear on why TE is unclear on why I don't post there but I'll make it crystal now: THERE'S VIRTUALLY NO TRAFFIC ON THOSE FORUMS. Which means *this* is the venue to discuss the PPA. However maybe TE will be successful in getting P5s to host a leg forum as he requested and he can *try* to move discussion to where there is only happy spin and no critics.

Now Engineer, I know you're going to read this, so I would request that you come back here and do what you do best, i.e. action letter writing plans. Just go back to the "truce" that was in effect before you felt it necessary to demand certain actions of Mason, while at the same time not demanding changes in the PPA. You are generally free to say what you wish here in a professional manner, so there is *no truth* in saying you are being censored. You can come back here and be effective for the PPA by reaching 10s of thousands, or you can stay there and reach handfuls. It's up to you.

You are a valued and wanted poster here.