View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: How Do You Organize Your Buddy Lists?

Back when I first started using AIM, when I was a youngin, I hated going to a persons home and seeing all these different sub-categories "friends, jerks" blah blah blah, so I made one super big category,

"Homies/funnykids/gaykids/bitches/peopleouttaNY"

That is still in use, but obviously its not very effective. I do have, basically, most of the people I went to high school with, on that list, and as such, it has 179 people on it, 50 of which are on at any given time. I organize it by putting the people I talk to the most at the top.

A few people that I may have met in 11th grade or 12th grade, were subsequently added to a group I had created back when I played a game called "Delta Force 2" on the computer, in which I was part of a squad called "Delta Comm. Force" or, "DCF" (I was like a god at this game...I don't know if anyone plays it anymore) So when I would meet new people, and I didn't feel like moving people lower on my "super" list, I'd add them (regardless of their association to DCF, most were just people I met in high school, through guitar activities, or through poker) to the DCF list. This list is located above the "super" group, and therefore I'd put the people who I most talked to out of the DCF group, towards the bottom (and therefore closest to the people I most talke to in the "super" group.) There are 96 people in this group.

Eventually, a time came when I wanted to be able to quickly talk to any poker people that were online, to set up a home game, and as such a "Poker" group was created, containg 18 people from live games, 2+2, etc.

And then at somepoint, I was doing a big English project in my Freshman year of college, and created a group called "English group" which has the 5 people I was working with in it, for quick access. I havn't talked to any of them since, I'm unsure why I havn't deleted it yet.

And so goes the history of my buddy list.