View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: fans of The Wire: which character is your favorite?

That is a good analysis thatpfunk. The Wire can be very depressing. You can't stop watching it, but afterwards it makes you feel nauseous. It is a work of art, imho. I'm taking a break now and waiting for Season 4 to come out on DVD. I'm curious to find out what happens to Brodie. In Season 1, they played him ice cold and I expected him to eventually move up and fill a more powerful and ruthless role in the Barksdale organization, which definitely seemed the case after he killed Wallace, but then in Seasons 2 and 3 the writers decided to tone down his character and showed how these guys can have a relationship with the police. Don't spoil it for me, but since he killed Wallace I am going 3:1 that things end badly for him.

So what other series do you guys like? I have only seen bits and pieces of The Sopranos, which seemed uninspiring/cheesy and trying to parody Good Fellas? I guess I need to give it another try since everyone loves it.

I watched most the first season of Big Love. The premise of the show was interesting but the writers really couldn't keep it even mildly entertaining. I guess they wanted to keep it realistic, because it felt like I was watching a bunch of Mormons.

Entourage is great mindless fun. Eagerly awaiting the next season.

Six Feet Under, I see is directed by Alan Ball. I will go and check that out. Nip Tuck, how is that? OZ? How often are guys getting raped? That seems like another potentially depressing series.