View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Middle set very deep 1/2 NL

[ QUOTE ]

You HAVE to reraise the flop, especially this deep, and its only a 3bet, not a 4bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too much value raising the flop in my opinion, raising it means bluffs, and top pair can get away from the hand. Playing it the way he did means a missed flush draw could easily do the same thing, and have done to me. A majority people push missed draws just because of how weak the hand has been played for the hand he has and how much money the openant has put out in a missed draw hoping that the weak play means you can't call a all in.

Personaly I call it everytime unless i've played the other person along time and know how he plays his draws, strong hands and bluffs. 8 9 is the only hand that a majority of players will have you beat with, 10's re raise pre flop and so do jacks, so that leaves a few hands that may over play that flop. Bottom set will because of the board looking dangerous to draws, a straight already out there and a dimond draw, A8 suited will because of the many outs. Also two pair for the same reasens as bottom set, also top pair top kicker may also play the hand like this. These four hands are much more likely to play strong big bets than a made straight.

Also raising the flop means putting your self in an akward position. You raise he re-raises what do you do? Put him on two pair a set a straight or a flush? It's alot easier to get information on later streets and also can make you control the size of the pot if a danger card like the 8 of dimonds hits.