View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: sustainable?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm not married so take this with a grain of salt.

I would try to talk to her and get down to the bottom of why she doesn't like poker. Maybe it puts you in a terrible mood for the rest of the day after a losing session, or affects you somehow.

Also does she really understand poker and variance? Have her read "The Poker Mindset" and see if that helps her understand what you have to deal with from poker. The most important thing for a poker player's spouse to be able to do is not be critical when we have losing sessions, and honestly, not be elated when we have winners.

If the issue is just that it takes up all of your free time with her then that is a good reason to limit yourself to playing when she isn't around, and keep it to a minimum when she is. But if she is getting mad at you for playing while she is away there must be some other issue she has with poker.

Honestly though, teach her to beat $3 STTs. Maybe if she is involved with this large part of your life she will be more open to poker playing whenever you want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks dboy, im working on it.....well aren't we a little family in here....I got marriage issues, Kolo is gay, chicago is a drunk, and cwar is a [censored] gigalo with the ladies.....now that we got all of that out, let's talk cards

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
i think some custom titles should come out of this post