View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: How much to spend on a nice first car?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids,

Why wouldn't the loan company put all their money into fnbo then? Intro-rates don't count here. If it is going to return more than his loan will charge him for the life of his loan, then yes it is riskier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea.

with online banking, I dont think it would be too hard for him to keep track of his money, and shift it around at a rate better than 5% if he keeps up on it, and keeps finding rates that he likes once the intro rates change.

[/ QUOTE ]

guids,

Read some BF&I or maybe some books on the subject. It doesn't seem like arguing with someone who isn't totally educated on the subject is going to get me anywhere.

Clayton,

Post the question of borrowing vs paying cash in BF&I for opinions from people who are smarter than both guids and myself at this.

both,

You won't find risk-free investments returning more than the rate his loan is charging him. Teaser rates or other gimmicks won't change this. I know guids doesn't like to believe this, but I guarantee you it is true. It makes zero sense to think otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not really arguing with you, I just dont see the logic otherwise, and I have no doubt that Im missing something, can you spell it out for me though, because I am interested in the subject. What about a CD that yields 5.4% etc, is it not feasible to shift that money around and take advantage of intro savings rates, etc?

also, why do you say intro rates dont count here?