View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Great subtle moments in movies

[ QUOTE ]
Someone already mentioned Adaptation but I think it has by far the most awesomeness in regards to this thread. Maybe this was obvious to everyone, but in the movie the normal brother was writing the script and couldn't come up with more plot, so he asks his crazy brother for help. And remember, they're writing the script to the movie they're playing in. And as soon as he asks the crazy brother for help, suddenly the movie goes nuts -- people are dying, kidnaps are happening, alligators are attacking ... whereas before it was a nice talky movie, as soon as he asks the brother who says "let's get more action in here!" it suddenly turns to an action movie ... because they're writing their own script.

It astounded me the amount of levels you had to think of to really watch that movie ...

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie really hurts your head if you watch it too much. For instance the good brother pretty much tells the entire film in the beggining when he states "I'm not going to have a cheap film where...." and goes through almost in order, everything that's going to happen.