View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)/HSP SPO

David is such a degen.

The flaming for him here is a little harsh though IMO. "LOL DAVID, GUY LOOSE PASSIVE FISH HE RAISED BIG, AND YOU SHOVE FD? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?"

I highly doubt David thinks he played this well and was just a victim of a cooler, the guy has to have immediately realized a quick lapse of his judgment put him in the biggest pot of his life as a big dog. The better the player the fewer mistakes, especially obvious ones like this, but they can and do happen.

Of course his tolerance for this kind of pressure is incredibly high compared to most of ours, but the look on his face just screams of that stomach dropped, gingerale brain feeling of dizzy shock you get when you end up in a MASSIVE pot behind and you just can't believe what you just did.

I doubt he's focusing his thoughts on how he shouldn't have been in the game, I doubt he's focusing his thoughts on his equity, he's probably just thinking "Dear God I wish I didn't make that mistake." (JMO of course, high stakes guys on here would know much better than I.)

And someone offers him a chance to basically take back the single biggest mistake he has ever made in his poker career, for what is most likely a BIG chunk of his active roll. I highly doubt most people would turn that down.

Yea it makes for some anticlimactic television, but a famous poker player getting on TV and throwing a good chunk of his roll on the table and shoving a flush draw isn't a bad thing to show some casual players either.

I wonder what Patriks stake was, whatever percent it apparently was enough to really rattle him.