View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Bankroll for shortstacking?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard deviation for shortstackers is low, but winrate is too, so bankroll requirements turn out to be pretty similar to full-stackers. also, ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

winrate does not have to be low.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is simply not true, and though I don't care what he thinks, I doubt slotboom would claim otherwise. i've seen the data, and no shortstacker beats any game online for more than 2-3 ptbb for any sustained period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slotbloom explicitly says that good big-stackers will have a higher BB/100 than good short-stackers... I NEVER said otherwise despite what other posters may have thought. In the long run, a player is better off learning how to play a big stack rather than a small stack.

I would guess that most short-stackers have no idea what they are doing and are just trying to limit their losses. You'll see a lot of players buy-in for 30BB and call off 7BB preflop with a hand like JJT3, which is terrible spew. This is why they have such terrible stats. In my experience at Stars, I have only seen one or two good short stackers at PLO200.

3BB/100 is low if you are playing shortstack strategy.