View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: \"major in anything and go to law school\"

The TRUTH is that law school's couldn't give a [censored] about your GPA as long as it is not entirely mediocre. They don't give very much of a [censored] about your extracirriculars or if you are "interesting." They care about whether you beat your LSAT to the ground, whether you can add some "diversity" (i.e., are you from the midwest or black), and whether you show the propensity to make money as a lawyer. Your major is really not that important because if you can pump [censored] your LSAT and explain why you want to make money through the law, they are gonna want you anyway. So:

1. Score a 170 or above on your LSAT so you can write your own ticket to just about any law school.

2. Write an essay that shows that you are interested in an area of law (and why).

3. Try to get a job at a PRIVATE firm so you can have an idea what the law is really about. I highly recommend this. If I worked in the law for a few months, there is a VERY good chance I wouldn't be a lawyer right now. Try to know what you want from being a lawyer before going to law school.

4. ?????

Cliffnotes: 170+ on LSAT plus show you can make money by reading things = top law school

Barry