View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: online tougher than B&M???

[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself more of a live player than online player despite having nearly 2M hands in my PTDBs over the last couple of years, but online is where the money is at.

To have a comparable hourly rate compared to say a decent winning mid-stakes NL player that can grind 4-8 tables, you would have to be playing 10/20NL live at a bare minimum, likely 20/40NL or 25/50NL would have a better shot. Frankly you are not going to find that high of a game except in a couple of places, one of which you live in now...

Also be careful of all the "live is easy" that you will hear. As a general rule, this is correct, but it is also true that you will run into much better players live than you might think you would...

[/ QUOTE ]
I can make a good hourly rate 10-tabling online $200 NL. Effectively, I am playing the same blinds per hour as live 20/40NL. However, live NL games are much looser and the play is worse, so you can probably make a decent hourly rate playing live 5/10NL with more variance than multitabling onlin.