View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Need help

[ QUOTE ]
What is the best site for rakeback?

When you say tight, what kind of VPIP are we talking about for full ring and 6-max? We'll be starting at 0.50-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only play 6-max, so I'm not sure about full ring. But there's probably an average of three 20%-25% VPIP (which is arguably ideal) players at every 6-max table. If there's on particular super-fish at a table, then the rest of the table is going to be a bunch of TAGs.

Best site for rakeback? Not much of a difference, really. I'm at FTP and I enjoy the site. The sign-up bonus took me about 15K hands to clear at the $.50-$1 level (I think). But rakeback makes a HUGE difference. Playing 20K hands a month with FTP's 27% rakeback yields an extra $700 or so a month.
[ QUOTE ]
Also...I didn't mention in my PM, but have your buddy practice judicious table selection...biggest pots, most players to flop, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is also very important, or else he's likely to end up at a table where everyone's VPIP is under 30%.
[ QUOTE ]
Of course this thread spawns this, but I can't resist. Are the games at Stars that much jucier than at FTP. I play 1/2NL at FTP, and there seem to be plenty of donks for the taking. RB + datamining = yay. No resizable tables = nay.

[/ QUOTE ]
I played at PokerStars a week ago to clear the $150 reload bonus, and there IS a noticable difference, but not enough to switch me over (unless I had Supernova right off the bat, which I don't). Even though I can 9-table instead of just 4-table without overlap there, rakeback is just too much better. Can't wait for FTP's resizable tables though!