View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: need a plan vs a 2+2er

you guys don't get in this spot often? whoever was talking about betting the flop because we have FE is definitely being misleading if not completely wrong. FE means we're folding out better hands which will never happen on the flop.we're never folding out better hands so Betting this flop is basically just keeping the betting initiative which leads to us not getting bluffed off the best hand as much by hands with no equity. yes technically we are not betting expecting to get called by worse hands but it is still a value bet. I call this denying "bluff equity" if you will.

I'm kinda confusing myself right now so hopefully you guys can help me sort out my thoughts. betting the flop decreases the likelihood that he will bluff w/ hands that have very little equity. should this lean us towards betting or checking? on one hand if we c/c we get more money in w/ better equity but we're most likely going to have to fold anyway on the turn/river since he's going to fire when we check to him. this lets him make more money with hands that have less equity. however if we b/f he will not bluff us off when we have very very good equity. we will only get bluffed when he has decent equity in the pot anyway. which is more important here?