View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: middle pair to second pair to crappy flush

Thanks all for the input.

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the flop. You have been running well, you probably have the best hand and you are going to a call if it is bet anyway. This hand obviously plays out differently if you did.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno about this. I checked because I think the flop often goes bet, call, call or bet, raise and I can away from my hand pretty easily.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn you are probably thinking that if MP2 had a spade she would have bet the flop given your read. When she raises the turn you figure your spade may be live and she may check the river down anyway for a free showdown and your hand may be good. Obviously, MP1 is loose and could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. I also thought there was some chance that she was screwing around with a hand like JQ and that my 8s may be good.

[ QUOTE ]
If this pot were bigger I would say go with your reads on this one. In this situation I don't think is is worth it and agree that your reverse implied odds are not good here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm effectively getting 11:1 on my call (MP1 is never folding and never check-raising there) - you don't think that's enough with potentially 9 outs and a small but real chance of being good already?

I'm a little confused as to why people are talking about RIO in this spot. I mean, I'm never going to spend more than one bet on the river so my downside is limited, and I think I can get a crying call out of one of the two loose players if I hit and I'm good. I would think that the RIO are basically a wash here.

So everyone likes the turn bet?

Thanks again for the input.