View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: uNL: you are weak-tight.

[ QUOTE ]
Also.. 40 people responded to the first poll, and 24 to the second. So you have a maximum of 24 people who responded to both, and probably more like 10. 10 people... it's hardly statistically damning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the people are all out of the same population (uNL) The sample size is more the enoufh for statistics. However, OP should give us the standard deviation and I could simply calculate if it is statistically significant.

I really love this post en what OP has done, but I have a few points worth noting. Both hands are not identique but have 2 different things that can also be the reason why the results are different for both hands:

1. On the first hand(the bluff) there is a flush draw, on the second hand there isn't one. Since the whole hand is played abit like a draw, it is far more likely villain will make a looser call on the first hand where both flush and straightdraws missed then on the second hand where only a far less apearent draw (straigth) missed. Since the draw is far less apearent in hand 2 villains will put you more often on a better hand and in hand 1 they will put you more on a missed flushdraw.

2. The titles of both hands are already imnplying the awnser, "Is this river bet too much?" implies heavilly that villain will priobady fold, "How often does villain CALL this bluff? " already implies villain will call. Hence the OP has influenced the results simply by these titles.