View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 AM
 is offline

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Champions League 2007-08 Thread!*****

I'm really looking forward to Sevilla and Arsenal who are definitely two of the hottest teams right now and in the Lyon-Barca game I think it will be very interesting to get a pointer on how good Lyon will be this year.
They were excellent for most of last year but have lost some good players since.

Yesterday I watched mainly Real Madrid - Bremen which I thought was pretty good.
Bremen is definitely weaker, their Bundesliga results show that as well, than last year where I thought they were almost as good as Chelsea and Barca who they were unfortunate to have in their group.
Especially their defence was full of holes and I've rarely seen a high level game where the off side trap collapsed as consistently as Bremen's did yesterday.
In Diego who is just excellent to watch they still have one of the best players in the world though.

Madrid really looks improved especially attacking wise where they seem much better organized this season than under Capello.
Defensively they of course had some trouble but that mainly happened when Gaga was finally running out of steam and someone like Ramos seemed more interested in 3-1 than trying to save the win.

I saw some of Milan - Benfica too where Milan played really well.
Oddo and Jankulowski with well timed forward rushes non stop and as usual Pirlo orchestrating the whole thing.
Kaka was good too and Inzaghi was Inzaghi.