View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Cold calling with AJs and KQs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If AJs and KQs are good multiway then why wouldn't we just call rather than r/r and squelch action behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even suggesting that a r/r is a good option. I'm saying it's a clear fold in most small stakes online games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex, I think you would have gotten a very different response if you'd specified that you were talking about small or micro online games. Many of us responding play live, where the play is much looser and much less aggressive.

If those are the games you're talking about, I'm unclear why you are trying to use Ed Miller's SSHE book. It is written for live play and makes no claim about being a guide to online games.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the differences are so huge, Two Plus Two needs to do a better job differentiating them, both in their book titles and in their forum names. The book is named Small Stakes, this forum is Small Stakes. It's all the same company. What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is pretty good at dealing with both live and online play, provided people know which you're talking about so they can adjust their assumptions about the table texture. Live players also will defer to online players in responses if you note that you're talking about an online game.

I'm less sure if SSHE applies or not, I realize I may have spoken too soon. I just assumed that the average game described in SSHE isn't happening as frequently online with the stories and posts I've been reading. My guess is that when the book was written the differences weren't so pronounced, but I've only got one side of the story myself.

Anyone with experience in both online and live care to speak up? Does SSHE apply to online games?