View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 30-60: Post if you\'ve ever hauled 8 bets on the river!

[ QUOTE ]

Please post the hand if you've ever racked 8 bets (or more?!) on the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

Live 3/6 at Artichoke Joe's (ok, I don't play for the big dollars, but this IS an eight-bet river like you asked for).

It's me versus a degenerate lag gambler who likes to play with a few drinkie-drinks in him. I have A5 of hearts and am second to limp in (standard). Two more limpers behind, with villain in position.

Flop comes two hearts. I bet when checked to me, villain is only caller.

Turn misses me, so I check. Villain bets, which is standard, and I call.

River makes my flush, so I bet out. Villain raises. I double-check to make sure I've got the nuts, then raise. We back and forth until I make it seven bets. He makes it eight. At this point, I do a double-take and figure maybe I somehow misread the board and didn't see a straight flush. And, also, part of me thought it would be evil to really take advantage of the guy if he was in the process of making a huge mistake, so I just called.

The action did draw a few railbirds and after I took down the pot (with the nuts) someone asked me why I stopped raising and all I could do is shrug.

Villain had played a middle suited connector, paired the turn, and made a small flush on the river which he thought was good. Or maybe he was muddled (ok, drunk) and actually thought he had made a straight flush -- but the board cards didn't stretch.