View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: I give up America

[ QUOTE ]

For the poster complaining about being subjected to the talk: he has the right to complain to the store manager, or to tell those kids and their parents why what they are doing or allowing is wrong and out-of-place.

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

It was just one example of showing why it's reasonable for some of us to think along the lines of "kids these days". Goodcall chose to fall back on the freedom of speech redirect. Getting a manager to kick someone out is not only a bandaid on the problem, it is now likely to have recourse in the form of retaliation by the kids or legal action from parents. Hell, we had a thread where a parent wanted to sue the school district when the school confiscated their kid's cell phone for the third time and after 2 warnings.

Goodcall,
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather be subjected to the problems that are caused by 'too much' freedom than the ones that are caused by too little.

[/ QUOTE ]

While the tradeoff between security and freedom is debateable, your wish is fast approaching.

Do you believe that society ought to encourage/support things proven to be best for children? I don't mean necessarily through bureaucracy, but rather intuition and common sense? And do you see the difference between Eminem and Beethoven- not genre, but talent and artistic value?

Govman,
Sorry for the hijack/tangent. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]