View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Examples of why your dad is/was awesome

One of the earliest memories is putting up with my little 5 year old self wanting to heelp him build stuff when I was clearly inept. But man did I have fun and it was probably worth it for both of us.

When I was like 7 he told me he got me a Mike Richter plaque and said it might be even signed. Well he couldnt get is signed but knew I wanted it so bad he did it himself, me being none the wiser for like 7 years until I noticed his first name signature and the one on the plaque were pretty much the same.

He would take me and my cousin on vacations every year and would make sure I was always happy during them, even if it was it his expense. I guess thats something parents normally do but I never realized it until I looked back on it.

He helped move me into school the first year and got me all settled etc. When it was time to depart I had never really seen him that upset, I guess it was the first time in a long time like a felt like he really loved me. I mean I know he did but hes like me and probably has a hard time showing it.

He now supports me while im in college and has taken an interest in poker. He has an account here but only like 10 posts of which I think 5 are me posting on his account. He did make a final table before me, but I dont really play donkaments.

I guess as im older Ive just begun to realize and appreciate that he always looks out for my happiness and well being, which is all one can really ask for in a father.