View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

[ QUOTE ]

I have never been coached but I want to take my game to another level and I'm considering it. I appreciate G_dollars - and every one else - sharing their experiences. After reading through all the bull, MDMA comes across pretty self centered and egotistical. I don't really care if he is god's gift to poker if he's not a good coach and the fact that he doesn't solicit any post session student feedback to see if his students are satisfied, what they liked, didn't like, how he can improve his future sessions with other students, whether his students improved their game a month out, etc, definately turns me off. I would think that a coach at this level would be more proactive in getting feedback and improving his coaching methods and skills, that's all. Don't take this as a flame.

Last but not least, hopefully this gangup on gdollars doesn't scare off people from sharing their neutral or negative experiences...

[/ QUOTE ]

whilst i agree that this should be an open forum in which people can give their opinions on their coaching experiences, at the same time people should be able to defend/explain themselves in the interests of not having a ton of potential business driven away based on the negative words of one dissatisfied customer.

fwiw, i found mdma to be an exceptional coach and he has always replied to my PM's and on AIM whenever i have attempted to contact him, even since i stopped doing paid lessons. so even though he may have come off a bit strong to you in this thread, i can assure you he is neither self-centred nor egotistical when you actually talk to him one on one. he has been coaching for a long time and his methods are tried and true, and many people can attest to this with graphs and PT stats. so i think he is entitled to take the words of a mediocre 2/4nl player with a grain of salt, especially given that GDollaz made his comments in such public way which could potentially be quite detrimental to MDMA's coaching prospects.

at the same time GDollaz i dont think you meant to come off as really critical or anything. i think it was mainly just the comment about taking a while to "get back to your A game" that really stirred up the hornets nest as it certainly does imply that you were directed away from correct strategy through your lessons.

anyways, i hope this gets sorted soon and this thread can get back on track with some credible feedback on the various coaches out there. i have been saying for a long time that there should be some kind of thread on this as finding a good coach who is worth the price can be like finding a needle in a haystack.