Thread: Live Poker Pros
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Live Poker Pros

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We're very lucky Firestorm, because all of these online pros would crush the live 5/10 nl game beacuse it is so easy. Thank God they are content to 5-table .50/1

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I see where this is going and people that play live might be getting offended. I wasn't speaking for all live pros, I was just mainly saying that in my experience nearly all the live games i've played in have been soft and the regulars there nits. Also has been the experience of everyone else I know. Online players that you call golf players have been doing very well in the tournament scene and cash games. Even some live pros like Nick Schulman and Jdags have said they don't even play high stakes online anymore cuz its alot tougher. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

I play live. Why? Certain aspects of it make it a lot more enjoyable to me than online play. Plus a room full of donkeys is only 15 minutes away.

It is easier than online play to be sure, I do not think anyone would dispute that. Generally most online have read a book or two for example. I just do not see why every thread about who plays exclusively live has to become a pissing match.

If you are an observant regular winner live, it is more than reasonable to think said person can become a winning online player. Most of the tendencies that help me live also helped me online (i.e betting patterns and such).

Anyway, I play 1-2 NL(yes I am a disciplined nit as it is 100 max game and not deep stacked) live and was a winning player pretty much in all forms of online play. I just enjoy live and never play online any longer since the gaming act ( not too mention I staked a person that lost almost my entire online roll but that is another story). I played tourny's and SNG's online but not live for rake and structure reasons.

To sum up I have not played much online in the last year and in general there are now better players online than live. I can not dispute that. But so what?