View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Analyze this PF vs LAG opponent

[ QUOTE ]
You can't fold this hand.

I lean toward a call for the following reasons:

1. You have position
2. You have a hand that doesn't play well in a big pot so 3-betting is a bit stinky here (unless it is purely to steal but this isn't a steal type of hand).
3. You are way ahead of his range
4. Blinds are short and if they have a brain they will realize that your 3-bet range is pretty wide here and could easily push a wide range over your 3 bet. If they push you are behind anything they make this play with but will still have to call the SB and most likely the BB.

Bob's your uncle. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good job of paying attention. I had no idea we were in the button. In the HH we acted right after MP, so I assumed we were in CO. I also missed stack size of blinds, which I agree makes hand more playable since they can't squeeze.

I still think folding is fine here, but 3-betting and calling are better than if we are in CO. I think we are not ahead of villains MP raising range, so I prefer a 3-bet to a call to take it down right away. KJo really isn't that strong, and I would think it is in the lower end of an MP opening range even from PFR25.

Folding is fine because we don't need to play back as much against someone 2 to the right as we do against someone immediately on our right. But not folding is okay since playing from the button rocks so much harder than from the CO.