View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: What yields you the most profit?

At 25NL it is clearly much more profitable to play a TAG strat at many tables than play a LAG strat at only a few. The exact answer as to how many tables to play is a tough question. Let us assume that your true winrate at 25NL playing TAG is ~5ptbb/100, which is reasonable. Let us also assume that playing LAG you can earn 7ptbb/100. (These numbers are totally off the top of my head). Lets say you play 2-3 tables with the LAG strat. but no more because playing LAG requires more attention to opponents tendencies, image, etc. 3 tables at a time playing LAG will yield ~7ptbb/100 per table. Assume that it takes 1.2 hours to play 100 hands per table so you will be earning ~21ptbb/1.2 hours.
Multitabling 25NL playing TAG earns 5ptbb/100 per table so playing 3 tables earns 15ptbb/1.2 hours. Also assume that adding one additional table past 3 playing TAG reduces your winrate linearly by 0.4ptbb/100. Every 1.2 hours you will be earning:

y=5x-0.4(x-3),

where x is # of tables

playing 6 tables e.g. yields: 28.8ptbb/1.2 hours, which as you can see is already higher than 3 tabling LAGgy.
You can even go further and use calculus to find what # of tables yields your max winrate using the above equation, but I wont go into that here.
If any of the math super nerds out there want to do so plaese do. Also if you could standardize the equation to ptbb/hour rather than 1.2 hours that would help.