View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: fold JJ on raggy flop too weak?

[ QUOTE ]
1) If you're sure that this is AA/KK/big hearts, and that no way in holy heavens would someone do this with "88" etc, not much reason to post asking for advice, is there?

2) Comment is a good one and entirely valid. If you're going to three bet pre and not take into account the texture of the board, but simply base a decision on whether or not you get lead into, you may as well play without looking at your cards. You have no previous history with this guy to indicate that he'd raise/call a three bet pre and then donk the flop OOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play 5-10? do you play against tricky opponents? I obviously posted this b/c I was confused - and I felt WEAK folding (hence the subject heading). But blanket statements like "no point in 3-betting w/ JJ if you are going to fold on a 5-high board" don't help me whatsoever.

Your post implies that this is an easy push. I really don't see how that is the case. what kind of cards do you see a competent player making this move with that I am ahead of - besides maybe 10-9 of hearts or something. AA or KK and this is the easiest shove of all time. but JJ is a different story.