View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Calling Pre-flop? Strongly Consider 3-Betting Instead (NLTRN The

[ QUOTE ]
For sure, against very loose players willing to call your 3-bet wide, then you'd only want to 3-bet for value. Not having some chance of winning immediately obviously makes the 3-bet much less desirable.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I'm saying though is that this type of player seems to be the norm, rather than the exception.

In my experience, the average opponent doesn't raise a huge range (generally quite a bit less than you really should), limps a LOT, calls almost every raise OOP, even with trash like 72 or 63, and calls most 3-bets. This type of player seems to be *extremely* common, at least in the games I'm playing. I gave up on turbos a while back, so I only play regulars on FT, if that makes a difference. (and there's a very good chance that it does make a huge difference)

Maybe I'm just seeing a lot more of these lately because I had to step back down to $30s, though. (I had to cash out to cover losing a bunch of money in Vegas, so that my wife will continue to be at least somewhat accepting of my obsessive poker playing) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]