View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Conditions this week at Heinz Field

The punt was one thing.
But a lot of the other close-ups of the feet and shots of coaches replacing giant divots during time-outs said a lot more imo.

In the post-game conference Ben and others were talking about how the o-linemen would be repairing the ground as they got to the line of scrimmage just to try to get better footing.

Every player I heard said they were the worst field-conditions they had ever played in. That's why I feel confident in saying that it was actualy worse than a beat-up high-school field with the sponge-like qualities and sticking your hand in and it goes all the way down, etc.
These guys have all played on horrible fields before but this seemed to be significantly worse BECAUSE they had tried to fix it by putting new turf on top of the old turf.

I think they're best chance would be to remove the new turf entirely and play on the original surfance if it might be a bit more solid. Even if it's really muddy and crappy looking I think they would do better on hard mud then on that quicksand-sponge type surface they were trying to muddle through last time.
It's not like they can do any worse. That game was ridiculous.