View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Ohio State @ Michigan Thread (11/17/07)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miles might not be a savior, but he can't possibly coach worse than Carr on gameday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't think there are a whole lot of Michigan fans who think Miles is the savior. But I think most everyone agrees it's time for Lloyd to go.

I don't understand the "lolz oh boy, you're losing legendary coach Lloyd Carr and bringing in Miles, now you guys are doomed!!11!!!! lolz!!" Buckeye fan narrative. I mean, c'mom, despite what TomCollins says, there's no one who can claim with a straight face that Lloyd --> Miles is a serious downgrade.

And again, as I've said in other threads, I think Michigan fans are excited for Miles because it's hard to get excited about any of the other oft-named candidates. If your choices are Mike DeBord, Kirk Ferentz, or Les Miles, then frankly, Les Miles starts to look pretty good in comparison.

It's Michigan. We're going to do something incestuous. We're probably not going to drive a Saban-sized pile of money to Bob Stoops's or Steve Spurrier's or Bill Cowher's doorstep and come beg them to coach for us. Chances are good that we're going to bring in someone who coached or played under Bo/Lloyd (in other words, DeBord/Miles/Tragovac/English), or someone who the administrators know and like and have hired before (Ferentz). I wish the Michigan AD was different, but chances are pretty good the list of potential coaches are limited to someone In The Family. That's not a very big list, and alot of the names on it are already proven failures (DeBord, who ran Central Michigan into the ground as HC) or have absolutely no track record (Tragovac/English). I fully concede that Miles may be a total moron, but unless Michigan does something completely unexpected, he's our best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. And I don't QFT often. Stole my thoughts exactly.

ANY chance we keep English as our DC?