View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Math question about pot odds in poker....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have to call $10 on the flop for the next card so (I have 6 to 1 pot odds & my odds to make my hand are 2 to 1 on the flop) so its a profitable call right??

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true if you got to see the turn AND river for that 10 dollars. you are 2 to 1 to make your hand by the river, but you have to call a bet again on the turn, so you don't get to use those odds. you are actually getting 7-1 (60 in the pot plus his 10) to call flop which is plenty good

your math is off again, because if the pot was 60 and he bet 10 and you called, the pot would now be 80. if he bets 30 into the pot of 80, you are going to win 110 (80+30), making your odds 11-3, which is still enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok hold on my odds of making my flush T+R are 2 to 1 but since I will have to call another bet on Turn then what are my odds of making my flush one hand at a time?
Basically my odds get worse after the turn right?

so to make this simple the pot is $60 one guy bets $10 (pot=$70) and I call $10 (7 to 1 pot odds) on the flop at this point what are my flush draw odds since I am doing this one hand a time? not together