View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

[ QUOTE ]
You mischaracterized what I said for I didn't state that having proven something was true or false, that it was for all time true or false regardless of changing conditions.

[/ QUOTE ] I merely extended your "logic" to its natural conclusion.

[ QUOTE ]
I am focusing on truth/falsity and actions, instead of on inherent qualities of race.

The standard of truth/falsity is judged at the instant an assertion is made and is applied to the scope of an assertion. I.E., saying X is a lying piece of crap without limitations implies that X has always and is still lying.

[/ QUOTE ] Of course you can argue that X is a LPOC now, e.g. "The Arabs, in the context of the Israel/Arab conflict, are LPOC". That would be a valid argument IMO -- which would need to be justified of course, in the course of a dicsussion. We seem to agree that making a claim about the attributes of a group of people, any kind of people, needs to be justified -- otherwise the claimant is by default a bigot.

But the issue is different than this and very, very clear. And I'll make it clearer!

Seems like Felix Nietche is free to claim that "Arabs are LPOC" (now, forever, or "in the context, etc" doesn't matter). Is Andyfox or me or anyone else free to claim that "Israelis are LPOC" ? And since the mods have ruled that proposals for war and ethnic cleansing can be advocated and discussed on this forum, am I allowed to propose that all Israelis should be deported from "Palestine" and that every Israeli --man,woman, or child-- who refuses to leave should be EXTERMINATED ??

Note that Andyfox was somewhat more discreet than Felix. Andyfox wrote about "Israelis"; while the proper counter-example to Felix's "Arabs" is of course "Jews"...