View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: When To Give Up?

[ QUOTE ]
What is a good deadline to either make it(it = a decent living) or give up. i've been playing for 3 years now. and although i no longer lose money, i dont realy make much either. is there a general timeline for if you haven't yet, you probably never will? what are your thoughts on this? how long did it take you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to burn through small deposits really quickly a little over 2 years ago. for some reason i decided to toss a few bucks into a Pot Limit Omaha High/Low game, I ended up busto-ing, but was captivated by the game. the next time I deposited I played primarily O8 and also a little bit of Stud High/Low (having read some books), I worked $50 up to $500 on a serious rush but busto-ed again because I lacked some fundamentals.

Finally, I deposited $200 onto PokerStars, started off at small stakes PLO8 and have been beating the mid-stakes games pretty consistently since then.

I don't know if this will help you, but I think I understand the dilemma. Maybe you try learning some mixed games also. You need to be studious and disciplined to beat any game though.