View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: How many online pros average +500k a year in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, if you can make 500k a year in poker, you probably can also get around the same salary at a big firm (since those players who make that much aren't stupid you know) so why try it by playing poker while you can a lot more security at this big firm... I think the only people who think it's worth making loads of money in poker are gifted students who don't have any other opportunity to make this kind of money anywhere else while they are still in college...

[/ QUOTE ]]

oh yeah cause it's so easy to get a job a sachs, and firms are super easy to get into as well..pfft

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as I said, those people raking in that much of money in poker are not stupid... A lot of companies want people who are smart 'cause they tend to make money for the named company... And even if that doesn't work there is always the stock market, a lot more money to be made than at poker and I've heard (and it's not that weird when you come to think of it) you need about the same talents as making it to the big time in poker so...