View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: 18/45/90/180 vs. stt profitability roi yadda yadda

Warning- Not the math answer you probably wanted...
I play the 5 table (45 person) tourneys instead of the 1 table SNGs.

Reasons:
a) I believe my ROI is better (not using PT, so hard to say exactly, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
For example- 1st in a 45 person pays 14 buyins. 1st in a Single table pays 4 buyins. I can get multiple buyins out of a 4th or 5th place finish in a 45, but have to place top 3 to even break even for the one tourney in a single. (and top 2 are the only real profit). Can he win 1/3 or top 2 more than 50%? in the 45s I only have to make top 4 or so 1/8 times to be ahead.

b) It's better practice for larger tourneys, in that you have moments in the tourney's when tables get down to 6 players or even less prior to the FT. You get to practice your transition game a bit. (fun)
c) if you are good enough to beat a single table, you are good enough to beat a 45.

8 at a time? Not my thing.

Most of the folks playing that many tables (EIGHT?) are playing cash and "nut camping". But if he's a savant? Sure knock yourself out. (and please send me his screen id on stars and what tables he's playing so I can take his chips on 2 of those tables)

Oh, the single tables generally go about 70 minutes, the 5 tables only run about 90-100 usually. You'd need to check your hourly rate a bit I suppose, but 70 minutes for 4 buyins vs. 90 for 14... hmm... math is fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-'skull