View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: But you have to!

[ QUOTE ]
OP-- I typically don't nit about things like this, but your friends do sound a little over-the-top. Seems like they need to learn to suggest, not insist. Politely telling them so will likely do the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing, these people aren't even friends! I wouldn't mind a friend being especially pushy about stuff, and if they were, I'd most likely pay attention to what they are saying - I trust their judgment in most cases.

Another example: My boss and I just went to grab takeout for lunch today. I brought this subject up and he went off. He doesn't like spicy foods. He never had them when he was a kid and never developed a taste for them. He also has gastrointestinal issues when he eats spicy foods, so he avoids them. He said that he has this problem about twice a month because people are constantly trying to get him to eat spicy things. Last week, he was visiting a vendor's facility in Florida and the management team took him to dinner. Two guys in the party kept insisting that he eat a spicy shrimp dish even after telling them that he has stomach issues with spicy foods. It took him a half-dozen denials before they gave up.