View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Too Much Information

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have always been amazed by the simplicity of Warren Buffett's approach. He does not have seas of analysts (I don't believe he may have any) nor does he do excessively deep diligence dives into companies.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

I agree with the author's conclusion but his premises are kind of weak and seem to based on stuff he made up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I'm any kind of expert here, but I do know that Berkshire employees a tiny staff. I think less than 15 people work there. Compare that to other institutions that manage the kind of money that he does and it's a pretty glaring difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about performance related statistics, but I have also found it very interesting how some $1-5 billion hedge funds and private equity funds employ a total of like 10 people and others employ 50. Would be interesting to see how this correlates.

[/ QUOTE ]
The one with less employees but has the same capitalizations as other hedge funds obviously have a really really smart guy calling most, if not all, the investing shots.

For example, ESL and Berkshire don't have that many employees. The reasons are Eddie Lampert and Buffy.