View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

when you went to the parole board, how confident were you about your chances and how did it go down?

did people visit you a lot?

what are you up to now, how big of a hinderance was your time in jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Parole was what stressed me the most. Though everybody was like I will make merit parole at 20 months, if not then my first board at 24 months, however I still had to get approved.

This was during all the white collar cases, Martha, enron etc,, and didn't know what they felt about white collar, mayb they wanted to set an example. The interview was conducted by 3 people last 5 min and asked like5 questions.Still very stressful.

Visits were the best part. They could come sat and sun 9-2. In a room the size of a basketball court with tables and chairs spaced throughout. Vending machines and microwaves. Most of the co's were call down there and let you get away with a lot of hugging and kissing. I was visited I think every weekend by either famil or friends. My last year my gf came both days every weekend. My only ticket was for having my hand on the inside of my gf thigh given to me by a total prick co.

Jail time itself was not too bad. It could have been 20 months in a foreign country. Now it is just blur.

The thing that sux is the felony. It prohibits me from getting involved in finance and other industries. I am trading my own account making a small living. I am currently involved in a solar power copany but it is in its infancy.