View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: (stud8) how best to handle 4th st?

I told Rusty to post this hand because we disagreed on 4th Street. I advocated betting out on 4th but he thought a C/R was better because it would be more likely to clear the field.

The problem I see in this spot, is who's going to bet after we catch an Ace? The best person to have bet to thin the field is the guy with Kings on our right. He'll be hard-pressed to bet in the face of 3 guys showing possible 4-card lows and us after we just caught an Ace. If he does bet and we C/R, he's probably got Kings up, and I don't think we want to be HU with him holding a 3-card low and baby pair. We'll have to catch mighty good on 5th for us to even continue, and it'll cost us an additional small bet to get to this spot.

Betting 4th seems like the natural thing. Everyone will be scared of it and we want to get people to fold. I think if we check, it's way too likely it'll check around and I don't like the idea of everyone else (especially the low hands, one who was the BI) to get a free look at 5th. I prefer taking control of the action and if the cards come down favorably on 5th, we might be able to take the pot then.