View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Default NL 50 FR, semi-bluffing against tight, predictacle player with BPGK

I had no real read but the stats, but they look like he is a kind of weak-tight player. Allthough play worked here, I'd like to here comments, because I didn't feel really confident with it.

PokerStars 50 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stacks &amp; Stats
SB ($48.75)
UTG+1 ($43.95) (10/5/1.67/33) (60h)
UTG+2 ($26.15)
MP1 ($46.45)
MP2 ($51.90)
MP3 ($68.85)
CO ($13.35)
BU ($23.90)
Hero ($61.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG+1 bets $1.50</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, UTG+1 calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $6.50</font>, UTG+1 calls $6.50.

River: ($23.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: $23.25.

When played, I just thought, that this player will not slowplay any monster on that flop, so I will always have an easy fold if comes over the top and will have a chance to get him out of the pot if plays passively.

As played, I guess, I should have bet more on the turn (but played it like I already had a flush or still a set) to increase fold equity.

After he called I put him on either A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x, a pair and a flushdraw (like J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), or he was glad to make top pair, perhaps KQ or so. (Couldn't see how he should already have a flush, perhaps with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but all other sensefull 2:clubs: seemed to blocked by his tightness and the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] already out) So my plan was to fire a third barrel (near to potsize) at the river if I don't improve, because I thought, he will not stand the heat.

A usefull longball approach or just fancy play givin' a nit too much action?