View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Genarlow Wilson -- Georgia is insane

The blowback of racism is worth talking about. I hate [censored] like this not because I particularly care about people I don't know who happen to be black, but because there are obvious consequences which may affect me. Reminds me of war.

What's bad is bad for real reasons and will have real consequences.

It makes me wonder how dampened racial tension would actually be if it weren't for the state systematically seeing color and forcing its policies on us. When people stop thinking in color and seeing individuals as part of broad groups (and stop seeing real consequences articially tacked on to those groups), then there becomes no reason to discriminate. Some always will, and they will face the consequences of that irrationality. But you can't end discrimination by systematically monopolizing it.

The sad part is that people who hold my view usually come off as the "bad guy" if we don't articulate it perfectly (when really, if we're determined to play moral high ground, it is quite obviously the other way around). It's amazing how noble stupid people think they are.