View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Linecheck (KA)A stud8

[ QUOTE ]
I personally like the way you played it. The only weird (not what otheers would say) thought, is maybe a C/R on 6th...But I doubt that works. Might as well just bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were in the villain's shoes, the only time I'd be betting into a board of A234 on sixth street is if I'd filled up, or made a straight or flush, none of which are possible given the villain's upcards. In other words, the only way the hero can successfully checkraise is if he has lost the high half the pot and is in danger of losing the low half.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance we are behind on 7th? is it worth C/C there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course there is. But because the hero must always bet even hands like (87)A234(J) here, any villain fool enough to call the hero down with a brick pair when the hero comes out swinging with an ace in the door and catches (seemingly) perfect-perfect-perfect has to call the river bet even if her starting brick pair hasn't improved. The number of bets the hero earns in getting paid off more than make up for the number of bets the hero loses when the villain calls or raises with a better high hand.

My best guess is that the villain called and showed down a hand like (KT)TK74(X)