View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this game on national TV tonight? I'd like to see Kolb in the 2nd half.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of this post. First of all, it isn't Kolb's fault he got drafted "high". Second of all, you people booed McNabb on draft day and he's fukin awesome. Third of all, whether or not McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league, you should still hope to develop a top-notch backup (or maybe you don't remember as far back as 2006?). Fourth of all, if McNabb stays healthy and plays at this level for the next 6 years, sure, he should start. But if Kolb (or anyone else) does better at some point, you should want the best option in there.

But good post. Just loaded with pertinent information.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the hell did I trash McNabb? He's probably my favorite QB in the NFL and I'm a Texans fan. All I said was I wanted to see Kolb play tonight (he's from my alma mater), and McNabb isn't even touching the ball tonight so how the hell do you misconstrue that as meaning I hate McNabb???