View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Kiss any online gambling legislation goodbye, thanks to a bad Ref

Cool down Milton, I did put a [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] after the Gaboonviper reference.

I also dont give Wexler's bill too much chance of passing in the near future. But I think it has a better chance (and is best for poker players) of all the current pending legislation. Other skill game operators (like yahoo, e.g.) should support the bill, because, as OBG has shown, it is virtually impossible to objectively distinguish their games from poker on a "skill v. chance" analysis. We poker players of course support the bill. More importantly, very few people OPPOSE legal wagering on games of skill. A vocal minority without a big vocal opposition can often get things done in DC, thats how the UIGEA itself came into existence.

So, anyway, we are back to a point I made way back when I first joined these forums: the key to getting poker explicitly legal is to move it from the gambling category to the skill category.

If that can be done, then all the hoopla over gambling being bad for sports does not impact our chances of success (whether good or bad).

Skallagrim