View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: So I\'m getting screwed by a bookie. Ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
factor debt to people who will collect as I suggested before, LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would get you some of your money but nowhere near what you are owed and you have to consider the possibility of him factoring your head for doing it. Plus it's usually best to stay away from the type of fine upstanding citizens who buy this type of debt.

Realistically your options are pretty limited. You're not the type that's able to physically intimidate him into paying(IF he even has the money to pay) so unless you want to get quite involved with the police.... Because dropping one dime on him ain't gonna do [censored]. The cops are going to want a lot more info than that before they go after him. Like enough to get warrants and things like that. Which opens up the possibility of your name being mentioned as an informant. No good can come of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAI! I am 162 pounds of rippling muscle!

FWIW, he was busted ~18 months ago, so he may be much more reticent to get busted again than usual. Not quite as cncerned about being named "an informent" as it will be pretty obvious I will do most anything legal to get my $$$/make his life harder.