View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 10/20 Hand Against TV Dude (No, not wrong forum)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes, because you made your hand obvious as hell with a stupid limp reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

At the levels I play (NL$100 mostly) this move is AA about 80% of the time and KK the other 20%, so if you were playing me at Stars NL$100 you wouldn't get another penny out of me unless I beat AA on the flop.

As to how to play this hand, assuming villain thinks your range includes something besides AK and high PPs, then I bet and call a shove on the flop. I might be able to fold (assuming I am not already AI) if the river brings a 4-straight or 4-flush on board.

I can't see dumping AA against a thinking maniac for less than 200 bbs, assuming of course that I haven't turned my hand face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree that limp-reraising is almost never a good idea.

However, to be incapable of adjusting to the table conditions is bad poker, IMO, and with a crazy lag-raiser to our left, this is a good way of taking advantage. We can do this with a reasonably wide range. Munkey said it puts our range at TT+, AQ+, but that's not far off our Ring UTG pf-raise range anyway, is it? Throw in a couple of suited connectors for good measure.

I'm dubious about the min-raise however - villain knows we know he's raising with a lot of hands so a minraise is not likely to drive a lot of hands away - seems more like a pot sweetner, if anything. Then he instacalls our reraise - which suggests he doesn't have a hand he could 4bet, or might consider tossing. This feels a lot like small/mid PP's, possibly some suited connectors, rather than A-big kicker or bigger pairs.