View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: First Hand of the Million

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can we plz not talk about preflop... just let it be, i'm better then them postflop, and am easily easily easily winning chips with this hand after completing here against unknown and prefer to play it this way over raising. There are many things in the arsenal and I am not planning to limp-call pre, ok? does everyone really want to stack off 200 bb's on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree on this. I think it is perfectly valid to talk about preflop in every single tournament hand you ever play. And you can talk about how much better than everyone else you are postflop; and it is obviously true; but part of that edge is always going to be the basics of applying fundamentals like hand selection and position better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I hate the "lets not talk about preflop donks". Your preflop decision sets the stage for everything that happens later in the hand. Why in the world would anyone want to ignore the part of the hand that set all of the events into motion.

Okay there are many different styles that can be applied, and very often no clear answers (just as there often aren't preflop). However preflop situations come up more often than postflop situations, and given that there are often huge disagreements, I find it sort of silly that people are constantly not wanting to talk about it.

Also preflop play is the part of the hand where reads are often the least important. Since it's very difficult to convey reads and tells and etc on a messageboard, it's another reason why it makes a lot of sense.

Basically what I'm trying to say is preflop play is very very important. It's almost surely the most important part of "online" tournament play.