View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 PM

Default I Wonder if it was Robert Redford

Last time my wife Lynne and I were in Las Vegas, we were with some friends. My friend is in the same business as I, actually a competitor, and our wives are friends. During the day my friend and I are working the trade show and our wives are out spending money in the shops. Neither of them really gambles.

So we go to dinner one night, a good time is being had by all, wine is flowing, food is great, and my friend's wife casually mentions that Lynne won a hundred dollars playing craps today. My friend and I are incredulous. "I didn't even know you knew how to play craps," I say.

"I don't," she says. "We were walking through the Bellagio and there was this loud yelling from one of the tables so we went over to take a look. I didn't understand what was happening but this nice looking older man in a beautiful suit was throwing the dice and he asked me if I would kiss the dice for him. I didn't want to, they're dirty. But he said please so I did it and he threw them and apparently it was good, because he won a lot of money and he gave me a hundred dollar chip. I thanked him and went and got cash for it."

If she had turned down the million for the next part of the plot, I would have killed her. Alas, it didn't come to that. Or so she says.