View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Patraeus/Crocker Testimony

[ QUOTE ]
The second Crocker started in on how evil Saddam was, and he gassed the Kurds!, and did I mention the torture? (No wait, he didn't, cuz that's what we do..), my eyes started to glaze over, and I couldn't help but think it was the year 2003 all over again. (Or was it '04?) Yes, what Saddam Hussein did years ago while he was alive is somehow relevant to the progress we're making... sigh.

The crazy woman yelling actually jolted me out of the cozy slumber I fell into while the slow talkin' lawyer from the backwoods of Missourah who kept adding pauses in the strangest of places was droning on for his entire one question. I felt bad for falling asleep during such 'important' testimonial, but it was like grampa was reading me a story and had to pause every few seconds to catch his breath.

Besides, the whole thing seemed about retarded when, who I can only assume was a Republican, said something about how our brave men and women were fighting for OUR freedom. This was news to me. I don't recall the US losing our freedom when we lost Vietnam, and I didn't know we'd somehow lose it again if we (continued to) lose in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you think being dead is "freedom"