View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 27: hit flop w/ ak, safe board

I don't really like limping AK UTG +1 in this spot. and I don't really like the flat call. It's not horrible, but this is my reasoning. First off, his raise to 6x the BB is quite large especially for his early/middle position. If there 2 callers behind him before action gets back to you, I don't think you really want to be playing a 4-way pot with so much in the middle PF. Why not 3bet UTG+2? You will squeeze out the cold callers who are prob holding middle pocket pairs and speculative KJ or KQs. Callers could also sense hsi overraise as a marginal pocket pair or two big cards and are calling to bust him when flop comes out garbage-garbage-K or garbage-garbage-A. So I would 3bet him PF and this will help you establish his range even more.

If he pushes all in PF, I would prob tank and call as I am not folding AK in a SNG most of the time. It's too much of a PF shootout to fold that hand, unless you have a wizard ass read. If he flatcalls your 3bet, I would prob be getting it in on the flop as the pot will be too big and he can only call with a flopped set or AA.

I think we can just narrow his range of hands down in half if we 3bet PF.