View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:59 PM

Default PLO 200 pot control/thin river?

Blinds 1/2

Don't have hand history so here you go:

1 limp, Hero limps in MP with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 2 more limp

Flop: (Pot $12)

9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to villain in CO who bets $8, only Hero calls

Turn: Pot ($28)
5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero leads for $12, villain thinks for a bit and calls

River: Pot ($52)
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero Checks, villain lets time get about 3/4 of the way down and bets pot, Hero ??

My thoughts on the hand:

The whole table is playing pretty straight-forward but a little weak. Flop call may be a little thin, but his range is pretty wide here. On the turn I lead weak weak hoping to get to the river cheap now that I have picked up more outs (I bet like this on the turn a few hands earlier with the nuts to induce a raise and the whole table saw when my hand held up at the end).

On the river, I got a little lost and thought he could easily have bet the flop and called turn with NFD so I checked.

1) Where were my mistakes?
2) Who calls river?
3) Who leads the river? If so, fold to a raise? Does anything call us that we beat?

Basically I played this hand a little thin and not aggressive enough and got a little lost.